A patent for work and a work permit: what is the difference and how to get
Today we have to study several concepts -a patent for work and a work permit. What should every citizen and employer know about such papers? What is the difference between them? How to issue a permit and a patent in Russia? How much will this or that operation cost? The answers to all these questions can be found later. Nuances related to obtaining patents and work permits should interest every foreigner planning to work in the territory of the Russian Federation. So what to look for first?
A patent is ...
To begin with, a little about what exactly a particular document represents. For example, let's start with patents. They are found in Russia more and more often.
Patent for work and work permit - in whatdifference? A patent refers to the right of a foreign citizen to work in the territory of a private person. For example, as a gardener. Speaking of a patent for Russian citizens, we can say that this is a kind of analogue of entrepreneurial activity. With such paper, you can deal with this or that matter within the settlement.
And what is a work permit? To understand the interpretation of this term is also extremely important. Only then will the difference be visible between the mentioned papers.
A work permit is a kind of right forthe implementation of labor activity in the territory of the Russian Federation from organizations. More precisely, from legal entities. Mandatory permission is issued by all foreigners planning to work in Russia. But Russian citizens do not have cases with such a document.
A patent for work and a work permit - what's the difference? In reality, these two papers represent cards on which information about a foreigner is published. They are similar to each other.
Among the main differences between a work permit and a patent for foreigners, there are the following features:
- The term of the patent depends on the tax paid. Permission for a year to work in Russia is compulsory. Further, it is reissued.
- The patents do not specify the profession by which a person will work. In the permit, it is prescribed without fail. In addition, the profession of a citizen will be specified in the employment contract.
- Patents have no mention of the employer. In this field it is prescribed that any individual can act as a superior. A work permit refers to a particular organization that employs a foreigner.
It is these differences that are often distinguished between the mentioned securities. But that's not all. In Russia, a patent for work and a work permit have a number of significant features. What is it about?
For example, an important point is the questionpayment of taxes. In the case of a work permit, everything is simple - the tax authorities must communicate with the boss who took the foreigner to work without fail. He makes all the deductions for the employee.
A patent is a document that requires some kind of independence from its owner. More precisely, the taxes and deductions of a foreigner (like a citizen of the Russian Federation) produce independently.
In addition, an important issue is the migration registration of foreign citizens. A patent for work and a work permit provide for different actions of a person when crossing the border of the Russian Federation.
So, if a foreigner has a patent, he mustjust show the migration services checks on the payment of taxes if a person has left the territory of the country. In the case of a work permit, it is necessary to re-enter the migration account and issue a migration card.
All listed features are the main differences of the studied documents. What do you need for their registration?
We get a patent
Now a little about what to do to getthis or that document. Work in Russia for Ukrainians often implies the existence of a patent. In this case it is much easier to work for private persons. And the receipt of the paper does not depend on the employer.
How to apply for a patent? For this, a citizen must:
- Collect a certain package of documents. They include: an application for a patent, an identity card of a citizen, a migration certificate (certificate of registration), TIN, a migration card, a contract for rendering services to an individual, photographs 3 to 4 (1 piece).
- Pay the state fee. To date, the patent will cost 1,000 rubles.
- To pay the tax for registration of the document.
- Submit all listed papers and payments to the FMS.
- Wait for the decision to grant a patent. If successful, obtain this document from the FMS.
It is important to note that similar work inRussia for Ukrainians and other citizens sometimes brings a lot of trouble. The thing is that the patent is issued for 1-3 months. Then it can be extended. The maximum term for the renewal of the document is 1 year. Next, we will have to re-issue the patent from scratch.
Now you can pay attention to the work permit. How to get it? It will not be difficult to do this. Especially if the migrant originally came to Russia at the invitation of the employer.
Verification of patents and work permits in the countrynow is carried out extremely carefully. The absence of such documents from foreign citizens entails a penalty for potential employers. To avoid sanctions, it is necessary:
- Collect a certain package of documents. It is more than in the case of a patent. For a work permit you need: a foreigner's passport, an invitation from the employer, a migration card, an employment contract, certificates indicating the knowledge of the employee of the Russian language, documents on professional suitability (for residents of Tajikistan), medical examination results.
- To pay the state fee. To date, it is 2,000 rubles.
- Apply for a work permit. Attach to it all previously listed papers and payments.
In principle, that's all. How much does a patent and work permit cost? The answers to these questions can not be considered unambiguous. The cost of the first document is limited to the state duty and personal income tax payable in a particular region. But for a work permit, you will have to pay only 2,000 rubles. Plus about 1,500 rubles a foreigner spends on a medical examination. Income tax is not taken into account.
On the verification of reality
And how can the employer or the migration service verify the validity of a patent or work permit? There are several options for action.
Verification of patents and work permits by the employer is as follows:
- Through the official website of the FMS. There is a special online service for verifying the authenticity of work permits. It is enough to enter the number of this or that paper.
- Verification by ultraviolet. Not the most reliable, but taking place the way. It is necessary to shine with ultraviolet to check the patent / permit bills. If the paper is real, it will have green stripes on the front side.
- Use of the ultraviolet lamp on the backparts of the document. On patents and permits for inspection, the inscription "FMS of Russia" should be clearly legible. If it is blurred or missing, then the document is forged.
Now it is clear what a patent for work and work permit is. In fact, the registration of these papers will not cause trouble with the preliminary preparation.