Are lenses harmful?
We are surrounded by many people with poor eyesight, andmany of them put up with it, refusing the help of modern medicine. With the development of ophthalmology, there are many ways to improve eyesight, including wearing contact lenses that are both comfortable and invisible to others, and most importantly, they are invisible even for the one who wears them. However, among patients, fear of wearing lenses is common, and in this article we will try to dispel it and talk about whether lenses are harmful.
First of all, it is worth noting that lenses, like glasses, can harm your vision if:
- They are improperly selected or you purchased them without a doctor's prescription.
- You misuse them and violate terms and rules of operation.
Is it harmful to wear lenses?
Lenses, no doubt, much more profitable to wear than glasses,if we talk about people complex about the glasses. But this is not their only plus. When you wear glasses, you see well only ahead of yourself, in the center of the glass, lateral vision while you are as bad as without glasses. With the use of lenses this is not, in lenses you generally forget about what you see badly. Also, lenses save people with poor eyesight when doing sports.
However, wearing a lens involves a number of risks:
- Increased risk of inflammatory diseases.
- Allergic reactions are possible.
- Lack of oxygen for the eyes.
It is worth repeating that all these risks are minimized if you have picked up the lenses from a good doctor and use them correctly.
Rules for wearing contact lenses
Answering the question about whether eye lenses are harmful, you should understand that like any other medical device, lenses require proper use:
- Be sure to buy lenses on the prescription of a doctor, a doctor's examination should be done annually.
- Observe the period of wearing the lens, by no meansDo not exceed it, because the lenses do not show whether they have passed the expiration date or not, just follow the dates. Wear weekly lenses - a week, monthly - a month, and so on. Disposable lenses are worn once, if the lenses are removed, then immediately discard. If the lens fell out, do not rinse it, and throw it away.
- When buying lenses for the first time, let your eyes get used to them, starting wearing from 1.5-2 hours, increasing the wearing time by 1 hour every day.
- It is better not to wear a lens for more than 7-8 hours in a row.
- Do not sleep in lenses, although there are lenses in which you can occasionally sleep, but this is not recommended.
- To work with a computer, it's better to wear glasses.
- Wear and remove the lens with clean and dry hands.
- Wear lenses before applying makeup, remove before removing makeup.
- Daily hygiene of lenses, wash only with special solutions, store only in special containers.
- Do not wear lenses if you have a cold or get sick.
In addition to conventional lenses for vision correction,there are all kinds of color and carnival lenses that change your appearance. Carnival lenses are much denser than normal, so in them the eyes are less comfortable, they miss oxygen much worse, and wearing them for a long time is harmful. Are colored lenses harmful to wear? If you compare them with conventional lenses, then, of course, they are inferior to them, but if you choose between color and carnival, color vision and comfort of the eyes are better in color.
Now you know if contact lenses are harmful, andyou will be able to decide for yourself whether to switch to them or not. At the same time, you must remember that you can not refuse glasses completely, because you need to give your eyes rest from the lenses.