Dolobene ointment - the pros and cons of using
Jul 21, 2018
The modern pharmaceutical market has a diverse range of high-speed medicines.Buying a medicine on prescription, a person is confident that he will help him cope with the disease.And if you buy a medicine without a prescription?The consequences can be unpredictable.Doing self-medication, you can not experiment with your health.
Description of the drug
- Contraindications Dolobene
- Side effects
- Arguments for and against
Description of the preparation
For the relief of pain in joints, with radiculitis and closed injuries, severe bruises or sprainsA person turns to a pharmacy and, on the advice of a pharmacist or on the basis of his opinion, buys effective pain medications.To such concerns and ointment Dolobene.
Dolobene ointment is a preparation for external use.Has anti-edematous, anti-inflammatory and local analgesic effect, has the ability to cope with neuralgic phenomena.
Active substances( heparin sodium, dimethylsulfoxide, dexpanthenol) react very quickly through the skin.In complex, they contribute to the rapid elimination of pain and improve metabolic reactions under the skin.
Heparin helps dissolve blood clots and prevents the formation of blood clots, improving microcirculation.
Dimethisulphoxide has analgesic effect, reduces the inflammatory process of the affected area and provides better absorption and interaction of other components of the drug.
Dexpanthenol has a dermatoprotective effect, stimulates the rapid restoration of the damaged area of the skin.
All the actions of the active substances of the medication cause the use of Dolobene ointment as an indispensable drug in the defeat of muscle tissue, sprains, neuritis.
In some cases, the ointment contributes to complete recovery, in other cases - only partial anesthesia or the removal of inflammation for a while.With the use of ointment, the result of treatment should appear in a few days.If this does not happen, you should stop using the drug and consult a doctor for advice.
Like many medications, Dolobene ointment has some contraindications.Here are the main ones:
- diseases of the cardiac and vascular systems( angina pectoris, stroke, myocardial infarction);
- disorder of liver function;
- deviations in the work of the kidneys;
- bronchial asthma;
- children under 5 years;
- the period of breastfeeding;
- intolerance of the drug components.
When deciding on the use of the drug, you should consult your doctor.
Side effects of
When applying a layer of ointment on the skin surface, the following side effects may occur:
- reactions in the form of redness, burning, severe itching.This reaction disappears if you stop using the drug;
- in the case of long-term ointment treatment, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, heavy breathing, sleep disturbance are sometimes observed;
- allergic responses in the form of skin manifestations( rash, blisters), in some cases - Quincke's edema;
- changes in taste, the appearance of garlic odor from the mouth.
With the advent of some side effects, the drug Dolobene should be discontinued or replaced with another drug of a similar effect.
Arguments "for" and "against"
With the use of the Doligene ointment, there are some conflicting opinions about it.Someone stands in defense of this drug, and someone - against it.
Arguments that favor "the drug":
- ointment Dolobene is an effective drug that can immediately eliminate pain;
- there is no stronger analogue in action;
- quickly resolves swelling, eliminating edema;
- is actively absorbed, does not leave oily traces;
- helps the early disappearance of bruises;
- is an indispensable preparation on excursions, in hiking, in sports, where injuries and dislocations can appear suddenly;
- drug overdose does not have a strong negative impact.
Arguments opposing the drug:
- has a small list of contraindications;
- anesthetic effect occurs as soon as the ointment is discontinued;
- does not have a very pleasant smell;
- when applying ointment there are local reactions: itching, redness, swelling;
- is not allowed for pregnant women;
- is a bit expensive, so not everyone can use it;
- getting on an open wound, can cause severe pain.
In the home medicine cabinet, such a drug as Dolobene ointment will not hurt.In everyday life there are all kinds of unforeseen situations: accidentally hit, pinch your finger or twisted your leg - Dolobene will come to the rescue.But we should not forget that any medical product can have both a therapeutic effect and a destructive effect.Therefore, before taking the drug, you need to ask the doctor's opinion.