How to choose a sweet and ripe melon correctly
In the article I will tell you how to choose a torpedo melon correctly. Guided by the advice, buy a sweet and ripe melon.
Melon - a favorite delicacy of many people. The main thing is to choose fragrant, sweet, juicy and ripe. Sadly, the beautiful copy is not always tasty. The fruit of the melon is pumpkin, from the point of view of botany, this plant is a vegetable, and from the point of view of cooking it is a fruit.
- Place of purchase. I recommend to buy this melon culture in the supermarket or on a special market. Some buy along roads and highways. Do not do this. Plants easily absorb toxins and heavy metals.
- License. Having decided on the place of purchase, ask the seller to show the license for trade and the conclusion of the SES. A conscientious seller will gladly provide documentation. If instead of documents he offers an interesting story of how good his goods are, do not mess up and look for sweetness elsewhere.
- . Melon rind is not very dense, so choose a whole vegetable, without cracks, dents and spots. Harmful bacteria can settle in such damages. Do not buy cut fruit.No one will give a guarantee that they cut it with a clean knife, what can we say about the cleanliness of the sellers hands. Cut pulp is an ideal medium for the rapid reproduction of bacteria.
- Smell. Ripe fruit has a pleasant aroma with pineapple, honey or pear notes. Unmatched do not smell at all.
- Inspection. Be sure to slap on the surface. If the copy is ripe, you will hear a dull sound. "Tail" choose a thick and dry, and the "nose" - a little soft.
The very season is the beginning of autumn. At this time, buy a ripe fruit. Late melons are considered very useful. The secret of benefits lies in the technology of cultivation, which does not involve the use of a large amount of fertilizer.
People buy melons and are often disappointed when they return home, because the fruit is immature, and one can only dream of sweetness. My tips will help you choose a sweet melon. Therefore, you protect yourself from buying a tasteless dummy.
- Sniff it. A good melon will delight you with a sweet aroma. If there is no smell, it makes no sense to buy the product. Choose a sweet vegetable in trusted stores located away from dirty and polluted places.
- Inspect the fruit.If there are suspicious darkening and mechanical damage, you should not buy. A ripe version of a tapping makes a dull sound, and the weight indicates ripeness. The technique resembles the method of selecting a watermelon.
- The surface of a good melon has a uniform color. If there are spots and streaks on the peel, most likely the sample is immature. Gray and brown spots are the first sign of rotting.
- When ripe, the skin becomes softer. Do not ignore this moment. Solid melon is immature, while excessive softness indicates over-ripeness. The shape and color depends on the variety.
- At home, after cutting, inspect the seeds. If they are large and easily move away from the pulp, everything is in order.
The described action plan when choosing never let me down.
How to choose a melon torpedo
It is difficult to find a person who refuses a piece of fragrant and juicy melon. True, the acquisition of a sweet dessert is not always successful. Overripe or immature fruits often come across.
Torpedo is a late variety, characterized by an oblong shape, an unusual aroma and sweet taste.
- The peel of a sweet "torpedo" is light yellow. It is completely covered with thin yellow rough grooves forming a cobweb. If on the surface a huge number of such furrows with a large branching - the melon is very tasty. But the spots and cracks should not be.
- To touch the torpedo is pretty hard. If the seller, who is an individual entrepreneur, shows a soft vegetable, it appears that he is trying to sell an overripe fruit that has long been lying in the sun.
- The aroma of tasty and ripe fruit concealment will not work. There are cases when a melon has all the signs of maturity, but does not smell at all. Be guided precisely flavor. Sweetness and lack of flavor are concepts that exclude each other.
- Tail. If dry, then the fruit is ripe and plucked in time. Often sellers offer melons without tails. So they hide the immaturity.
- Spout. This is a trail from a flower, located opposite the tail. In a quality melon it is slightly soft.
- The pulp of the torpedo is fragrant, juicy and light. True, the store check it out. So you can be sure of maturity and quality on this basis only at home.
Going to the store, do not forget about the tips, so buy only a tasty and ripe sweet vegetable. Before I finish this part of the article, I will share a few more recommendations.
- Sellers must have documents. If instead of documents the seller showed displeasure, look for another stall or store.
- In no case do not buy melons that lie on bare ground or near the road. Otherwise, buy not a sweet fruit, but a source of toxins, heavy metals and harmful substances.
- Sliced melons can not be bought. Otherwise, health may suffer damage.
- Even if you want to eat a piece of a torpedo, and on the street in July, be patient. The best pumpkins come to the market in early autumn.
Choosing a ripe melon
The most delicious and ripe melons appear on sale in late August. The stores sell two varieties that are not afraid of transportation and prolonged storage - the kolkhoznitsa and torpedo.
The first is inferior to the second in sweetness, but significantly superior in flavor. Sometimes nutmeg brought from other countries is also sold. But they are far from sweet vegetables grown on domestic fields.
Talk about where to buy melons. The list includes shops, supermarkets, official markets and ruins, equipped for trade in products. Here, vegetables and fruits are stored in normal conditions, and the premises themselves undergo a sanitary inspection.
Buying along the roads is not worth it. It is fraught with food poisoning. Typically, these sellers do not have sanitary books, and all products are covered with dust and impregnated with harmful substances.
- Do not buy cracked and cut melons. The sweet pulp of a ripe fruit is an ideal breeding ground for bacteria.
- Choosing a ripe sample, carefully inspect the tail. If it is dry, all is well.
- Light cotton on the surface will help to check for ripeness. Doubt should be a deaf sound.
- If you gently push your fingers on the peel, ripe slightly springy. Excessive hardness indicates immaturity, and excessive softness indicates over-ripeness.
- It helps to determine the ripeness and smell. Ripe melon smells like pineapple, vanilla and even pears. The lack of flavor should be alerted.
Guided by these tips, easily buy a delicious melon. True, remember that immediately cut and eat the purchased fruit is not worth it.
- To start the fruit, lather well and rinse with cold water. So get rid of harmful substances that are on the skin.
- Store sliced vegetables in the refrigerator.
- Eating with cold water, dairy products or alcohol is not recommended. Otherwise, an upset stomach will overtake.
Melon is a source of magnesium, iron, potassium, vitamins and calcium. It helps to improve health, and if you want to lose weight.
7 ways to choose a sweet melon
I will list seven nuances that should be studied before choosing a sweet melon.
- During the selection, first of all, be guided by the smell. The smell of a ripe fruit is thin and causes pleasant feelings. If the melon smells of grass, most likely, it is unripe. If there is no flavor, switch to another instance.
- Tap the surface lightly. A deaf sound will indicate that a ripe vegetable is in the hands.
- Click on the fruit with your finger in the stalk area. If the peel bends, it is ripe.
- Do not disregard the tail. If it is thick and has had time to dry, feel free to buy this option.
- A ripe melon has a delicate skin that can be easily removed with a sharp object.If a green peel appears beneath it, all is well.
- Do not buy in stalls located near the road. The fruits there are saturated with heavy metals and harmful substances.
- The surface should not be cracked or damaged. Damaged fruits will delight “unpleasant surprise” in the form of viruses and bacteria.
With the help of the instructions on the table will appear sweet and tasty melon, which will enrich the body with useful substances and vitamins. Finally, I will add a few words about the benefits of this melon culture, which is quite large.
Melon contains many vitamins, nutrients that slow down aging, strengthen hair, invigorate the brain and fill muscles with energy.
Do not forget that the melon - a formidable weapon in the fight against thirst. It is not surprising that in countries with a dry climate, the vegetable is grown in large quantities.
This does not end the useful properties. According to doctors, a sweet vegetable supports immunity and increases the body's defense against germs, which often become the cause of diseases.
Until we meet again, dear readers!