How to cook potato pancakes
One of the most delicious dishes that made Belarusian cuisine famous is potato pancakes. The recipe, due to originality, has scattered around the world, and even children will cope with its simple preparation. Of course, the potato dish has undergone many innovations, and today the chefs are surprised with products with meat, cheese, mushrooms, and lean vegetarian options. In addition, the classic dish can be supplemented with interesting sauces.
Preparation for cooking
Technology and a set of products are simple and accessible to everyone. You will need potatoes (about 1 kg), onions (1 medium head), flour (a few tablespoons), eggs (2-3 pieces), vegetable oil for frying. From the kitchen utensils on hand should be a grater or combine for grinding ingredients and a frying pan.
Cooks are advised to choose starchy varieties, which has a positive effect on the taste of pancakes. If this is not possible, you can add starch as another product. Young potato tubers are not suitable, as there is very little starch in them.
To make draniki at home unique, spices will help, the dish will have an original taste every time.
It’s prepared like this: add a few tablespoons of flour, eggs, chopped onion, salt, and spices to the minced raw potatoes. All is thoroughly mixed to obtain a homogeneous mass, then fry on the principle of fritters, spreading with a spoon and forming on the pan. Fry on both sides until golden in refined oil.
Nutritionists do not recommend the abuse of pancakes because of their nutritional value. 100 grams contains 268 kcal. A calorie one is on average from 53 to 70 kcal.
If you add a spoon, even low-fat sour cream, add another 40 calories. At the same time the nutritional value is based on carbohydrates.
If you cook according to the traditional Belarusian recipe - without flour and eggs, the caloric content is reduced to 150-190 kcal. Dish with the addition of minced meat has an energy value of 280 kcal, but it all depends on the type of meat.
If you stick to a diet, it is better to use draniki in limited quantities in the morning.
The classic recipe provides the dough with a minimum amount of liquid, that is, after chopping the potatoes, squeeze the juice and drain.
- Five tubers.
- One or two chicken eggs.
- Flour - 3 tbsp. l
- One medium onion.
- Favorite spices to taste.
- Peel the potato tubers, rub on a fine grater, and drain the resulting juice.
- Add flour and eggs, mix to a uniform consistency.
- Heat a frying pan, pour in vegetable oil. Take a tablespoon of potato mass, put it in a frying pan, form round or oblong shaped pancakes.
- Fry for 5 minutes on each side.
- Lay a paper towel, put the potato pancakes on top. So they give away excess moisture and grease to the napkin, turning out crisp and appetizing.
Sour cream and garlic sauce with greens will be an excellent addition. Nobody limits you here, it all depends on taste.
Lenten potato pancakes
Potato delicacy will be an appropriate addition to the lean table. To make the pancakes airy, add a pinch of soda to the dough.
- Potatoes - 8 pcs.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Edible soda - pinch.
- Wheat flour - 5 tbsp. l
- Sunflower oil - 4 tbsp. l in the dough and for frying.
- Grate the potatoes.You may like more textured pancakes, for which choose large holes on the grater. The resulting juice drain.
- Into the mixture add flour and baking soda (no need to extinguish), pour in sunflower oil. Mix until smooth.
- In hot oil in a pan, place a tablespoon with a pile of potato dough, fry on each side for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Put the prepared draniki on a paper napkin to get rid of excess oil.
In garlic sauce
You can cook pancakes with unusual garlic sauce. This option is quite original and will appeal to the whole family.
- The potatoes are rubbed on a fine grater, the excess juice is removed.
- Salt and flour are added to the potato mass, everything is thoroughly mixed.
- In a heated pan, the pancakes are fried 5 minutes on each side.
- In a blender, the beans are crushed to a creamy state with the addition of a few tablespoons of sunflower oil, salt (to taste), and garlic.
- The finished dish is seasoned with sauce and served on the table.
Easy recipe without eggs
The recipe will appeal to vegans, allergies, and those who are fasting or want to reduce calories.
- Potatoes - 8 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Flour - 3 tbsp. l
- Vegetable oil.
- Potatoes are ground on a grater, salt is added, 10 minutes are left for the juice to separate.
- The liquid is removed, crushed carrots, onions, favorite spices are added.
- Flapjacks are fried in a pan. If desired, you can add sauces.
Interesting and original recipes
Each housewife wants to surprise loved ones and pamper her with delicious foods, so the following recipes are suitable for these purposes.
With cheese and onions
Pancakes with cheese - a great option for those who want to make the usual dish more tender, melting.
You can add to the traditional performance of any kind of hard cheese. For a standard recipe of 8 potatoes, take 100 grams of the product. Do not forget the bow.
With minced meat
Another option to please yourself and loved ones. They resemble familiar belyashi. For cooking you will need minced meat, and the other components remain the same, only the roasting technology is different.
- Minced meat - 300 g
- Five potatoes.
- 1-2 chicken eggs.
- Flour - 3 tbsp. l
- 1 bulb of medium size.
- Salt and spices to taste.
- Cooking potato dough according to the classic recipe.
- Form the pancakes.First, lay out a thin pancake.
- Then we make a thin layer of minced meat on it.
- Meat stuffing on top is covered with a potato layer.
- As a result, the stuffing is obtained between the dough.
- Fry over moderate heat with a lid for at least 7 minutes on each side.
Stuffing for pancakes does not differ from the one that you use for cooking meatballs or meatballs. In this recipe is appropriate sour cream or sauce based on it.
Pancakes with mushrooms is another interesting recipe with a unique taste and seducing aroma. You can use white mushrooms pre-fried in a pan with onions, chanterelles, mushrooms, mushrooms. In the usual recipe add 300 g of crushed mushrooms, mix thoroughly and fry for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
Zucchini-potato products will surprise you with a delicate and fresh taste.
- 6 potatoes;
- 1 medium zucchini;
- 1 onion;
- 2 eggs;
- 3 tablespoons flour;
- favorite spices.
- Vegetables are crushed, extra juice is pressed.
- Add the remaining components, form a homogeneous mass.
- Pancakes are fried in vegetable oil for 5-7 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- The dish is served hot, seasoned with sauces or sour cream with greens.
Simple tips will help to make pancakes the pinnacle of culinary art.
- Onion improves the taste and does not darken the potatoes.
- After roasting, place the pancakes on a paper towel so that the excess oil is gone and the taste becomes brighter.
- Do not put more flour than stated in the recipe so that they do not become “rubber”.
- Potatoes are best grated, although some use a combine or meat grinder.
- Ruddy and crisp will turn out if the pan is warm enough.
Potato pancakes will be enjoyed on the everyday table and in the menu for the New Year. If you cook this dish with useful recommendations, success is guaranteed. With the addition of mushrooms, minced meat, cheese, treats will go beyond the usual and surprise with originality. Be sure to serve them with sauces: sour cream with herbs or mushrooms, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic ... There are hundreds of variations on this topic - feel free to experiment.