How to cook semolina porridge without lumps
In today's article I will tell you how to cook semolina porridge without lumps. Many novice chefs want to learn how to cook semolina homogeneous consistency, but their attempts often end in failure.
Everyone at least once in my life tried porridge. As a child, my mother constantly cooked this dish, and without lumps. When I became an adult and began to learn cooking, at first I couldn’t cook semolina well. Thanks mom for helping out with helpful tips.
Secret step-by-step recipe without lumps
I will share the secret technology of preparation, providing for pre-soaking semolina. During the "water procedure" the particles absorb moisture. As a result, lumps are not formed.
- Milk - 1 cup.
- Semolina - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Butter - 10 g.
- Salt and sugar.
- Jam or preserves.
- Pour a glass of cold milk into the pan. I recommend cooking semolina in a small pot with a long handle.She will allow to manage capacity when the semolina will begin to rise.
- Add sugar and salt to milk. The number of ingredients depends on your preference. If you intend to use jam, fresh berries or jam, do not add sugar to milk.
- The next stage of making lump-free decoys is extremely important.To the finished dish turned out homogeneous consistency and without lumps, grits, add in cold milk. As a result, the semolina will absorb the liquid and swell, and the grains will not stick together.
- Put the pot with milk and semolina on a small fire. In the process of cooking the contents are constantly mixed. If this is not done, the grains will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After boiling the milk, reduce the fire to minimum and put the pan on the edge of the burner. After about two minutes, the semolina will thicken and can be removed from the stove.
- It will remain to pour porridge in a plate, add a little butter and mix slightly.
You can improve the taste of the dish by adding fresh berries or jam.
You have just learned how to cook semolina without lumps. The ingredients provided by the recipe, it is quite enough for the preparation of semolina, intended for the child.If you want to please the adult with a dish, I recommend proportionally increasing the amount of products by about one and a half times.
How to cook semolina with milk
Semolina is a simple, tasty and nutritious dish. Not every housewife dares to cook it, because it is not always possible to cook a good semolina.
Cooking methods are many. However, the best taste has semolina, for the preparation of which fresh milk is used.
I'll give you a recipe for semolina on milk, so that you can prepare a flawless dish. Observe the proportions provided by the recipe, and the sequence of stages of preparation.
- Milk - 1 cup.
- Water - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Groats - 4 tsp.
- Sugar and butter.
- For making decoys in milk, take the dishes with a thick bottom. The thickness of the bottom depends on whether the semolina will burn. Moreover, burning can be avoided by adding a small amount of water.
- Pour water into prepared dishes and turn on a small fire. Immediately add cool milk to the pan and wait for it to begin to rise. Then reduce the heat and pour semolina in a thin stream.The contents of the pan to stir all the time. The result is a homogeneous porridge without lumps.
- Boil for three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the stove, add a little sugar and mix. Cover the dishes with a lid and leave for a quarter of an hour. After this time, the semolina will absorb the milk. The result is thick porridge.
You can make a real delicacy from the dish, if you add some butter and some jam to the porridge before serving. I add quince jam. Get a real culinary masterpiece.
Cooking porridge on the water
Culinary fashion welcomes cooking diet and low-calorie dishes. To keep up with the times and not to deviate from the trends, I suggest to talk about how to cook semolina on the water.
Manka is a unique cereal, for the production of which soft wheat varieties are used. It is rich in phosphorus, calcium and nutrients for the human body.
Semolina is a dietary product, especially if cooked without the addition of milk and sugar. It will make fresh porridge, so add some raisins. The recipe for water is extremely simple.Just remember, semolina tends to lump up. Therefore, in the process of cooking constantly stir.
The most crucial step in the recipe is mixing the cereal with water. To prevent the appearance of lumps semolina often and quickly stir.
- Groats - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Butter - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Raisin - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Sugar and salt.
Ingredients are shown per serving of semolina. If you are afraid of gaining weight or is contraindicated to consume sugar, exclude this ingredient. If there are no restrictions, use sugar.
- Pour the cereal into the pan and evenly distribute along the bottom. This must be done. The semolina is constantly tumbling into lumps, and in the case of water, their number is much larger.
- Add water to the pan and mix. I recommend using warm water. Bringing the semolina porridge to the boil, stirring constantly.
- After boiling water in the pot add a little sugar. Salt to taste.
- Boil the semolina on the water for at least five minutes, stirring all the time. Do not digest, otherwise the croup will melt.
- Add butter. It is not necessary to clean the dish from the stove.Together with the oil in a saucepan, send a little raisins and mix thoroughly.
Now you thoroughly know how to cook semolina on water. If you like butter, put as much as you like, do not spoil the porridge with butter.
How to cook semolina in a slow cooker
Many housewives cook milk porridges and soups. Each of them knows well that in the process of cooking these dishes must be carefully monitored. Otherwise, the milk will simply “run away”. Modern kitchen appliances help to avoid this problem if you know the recipe for semolina in a slow cooker.
Semolina, perhaps the only dish that accompanies a person throughout life.
- Groats - 0.5 cups.
- Water - 1.5 cups.
- Milk - 2 glasses.
- Sugar and butter.
- Semolina is known for its ability to absorb liquid. For this reason, the ratio of semolina to liquid should be at least 1 to 7.
- In the multicooker container, fill the semolina with a small amount of sugar and mix. As a result, when cooking does not form lumps.
- Pour milk into the slow cooker and put a piece of butter.If you want to cook for the baby, dilute the milk with water. For adults, cereal on one milk is great.
- Activate the "Multipovar" mode. At a temperature of 90 degrees semolina prepares about a third of an hour.
- After the specified time, semolina is ready. Perhaps after opening the lid porridge will seem a little watery, then just mix the semolina thoroughly.
Not all children like this dish. If you cook it in a slow cooker, they will be satisfied. I tested it in practice many times.
The semolina, cooked in a slow cooker, has a pleasant texture and delicate taste. If you flavor it with a few spoons of honey, you get a real masterpiece, which no one will refuse.
The benefits and harms of semolina
In the final part of the article we consider the benefits and harms of semolina.
The semolina contains magnesium, calcium and phosphorus in a small amount, since the useful substances are concentrated in the shell of wheat grain, which is removed during manufacture. At the same time, each grain contains a lot of potassium and vitamins.
Pediatric doctors recommend giving semolina to children after a year. In porridge there is no fiber.Consequently, the baby's stomach easily copes with this product. Until one year to give semolina children can not. It contains a lot of gluten, which in children causes an allergic disorder. In semolina many phytin, which prevents the absorption of calcium. That is why berries or fruits are added to porridge that neutralize this substance.
Munk helps cleanse the body of mucus and eliminate fat. It acts as a source of energy and a beneficial effect on the muscles and bones of a person. Doctors recommend semolina to people suffering from exhaustion, intestinal ailments, after operations on the intestines or stomach, people with poor digestion. Even developed a special diet based on milk and semolina.
In some cases, semolina is harmful. Do not give to children to one year old, is contraindicated for people with calcium deficiency and allergy to gluten.
The article has come to an end on how to cook semolina without lumps in milk and water. I dedicated the story to the preparation of the perfect decoy and paid attention to the benefits and harms. I wish you health and good appetite.