How to get a grant?
A grant is a grant that is provided for training, research, business development and other purposes. Therefore, the question of how to get a grant is very acute for many people: after all, this is a good opportunity to receive financial support. Grants are provided by various companies, both private and public, they can be regional and international, work on a variety of conditions. In this article we will talk about the main things associated with obtaining grants.
Types of grants
Grants can pay for various types of activities: this includes travel, research, training or internship, and business development.
- Travel grants are usually intended to pay for travel expenses of people invited to various scientific events (seminars, internships or conferences) in another region or in another country.
- Grants for research are most often provided for a short time and involve working with colleagues from other regions and countries.They are most often awarded to doctors and graduate students who are already working on a project or research.
- Grants for training and internships suggest that a person will study or intern in any educational institution, they are issued for a short period (weeks or months), and for long. Such grants may cover costs in whole or in part. In the latter case, the student pays part of the costs independently.
Business Development Grants
In the modern economy will receive a grant not only for research work, but also for the creation and development of their own business. We will tell you how to get a grant for business development in more detail. In fact, a business development grant is a starting entrepreneurial capital for which you can create and expand your business. In general, the search and receipt of a grant is not the simplest task, there is even a special term - fundraising, which means this difficult process. There are rules here, following which, you can count on receiving a grant.
It is important to remember that money is not given to you personally as a salary, but to your organization for any previously specified and specific goals, therefore you will be held responsible for inappropriate spending of allocated funds.Therefore, the search and receipt of a grant should be only an aid in business development, but not an end in itself.
To understand how to get a grant, you must first familiarize yourself with some of the principles and rules of fundraising, try to talk about them. As we have said, the grant is not allocated personally to the entrepreneur, but to his organization to carry out the task indicated in the application. Therefore, the purpose and amount of the grant is not subject to revision, they are determined at the stage of creating a business plan. In order for the sponsor to pay attention to your project, it must be as realistic or original as possible. The grant amount is not allocated immediately, but in tranches, that is, in parts. And sometimes instead of money intended for the purchase of furniture, you can get this furniture itself - this is done in order to avoid misuse of funds.
As a rule, the question of how to get a grant for business development, the next issue of the necessary documents. To receive a state grant, you need to submit for consideration:
- business plan of your project;
- the application itself in accordance with the established form;
- copies of passport and constituent documents;
- certificate of state registration and certificate of registration in the register of small businesses.
If you work with private foundations, the list of necessary information may differ, you can get it in the fund itself. It is not very difficult to draw up the required documents, it is important to be careful and be patient, because sometimes the issue of issuing a grant is considered for a long time.
In this article, we talked about grants, the purposes for which they are issued and how to obtain them. We hope that your idea will be developed, because you already know how to get a grant!