How to glue metal to metal?
In everyday life it may be necessary to glue together two metal products. Unfortunately, the usual glue, intended for instant bonding, for these purposes will not work.
About how to glue metal to metal - read our article.
How and how to glue metal to metal: instruction
First you need to decide on the glue. For bonding metal suitable brands such as "Superglue Moment for the metal" or "Epoxy". For a reliable connection, it is better to purchase it in the spare parts shop for cold-weld cars. Usually means consists of two tubes - one with the active substance and the second with a hardener. Also need a bottle of solvent.
- Prepare the surfaces of the products - wipe them with a cotton pad or a rag soaked in solvent. For these purposes, also suitable alcohol, cologne, vodka or wiper.
- If there is rust on the surface, it will also need to be removed. Treat the part with sandpaper or a metal brush.
- In addition, you need to prepare several tools. If you need to glue small metal parts, then you will need a toothpick. If a wide surface is to be glued, then prepare a thick needle or other sharp tool.
- If you glue wide surfaces, they should be scratched for a stronger connection.
- Next, you need to lubricate the surface with selected glue. If the parts are small, then the glue should be applied with a toothpick.
- Apply glue to both surfaces that are to be glued. Hold for a couple of seconds to make the adhesive composition becomes viscous, and then connect the surface. Hold the surface for a few seconds and then set aside. Look at the gluing time on the packaging: usually, it takes from five to fifteen minutes to completely set the composition.
When working with glue it is recommended to wear protective gloves to avoid contact with skin. In addition, make sure that the substance does not fall on the mucous membranes. After work, thoroughly air the room and wash your hands with soap and water.