How to grow radishes?
Radish is one of the earliest vegetables, for which it is valued by gardeners. After a vitamin winter starvation, radishes come in handy.
Before you plant radishes, it is necessary to properly cultivate the land and seeds. For soil the following work is required:
- Sour soil should be neutralized with lime.
- The plot, which is planned to take under the radish, is dug up in the fall.
- At the same time, fertilizers are put into the ground: 15 grams of potassium salt, 50 - superphosphate and half a bucket of organic matter per square meter.
- When choosing a site should be aware that it grew before. Suitable area of cucumbers, potatoes, tomatoes or legumes. It is categorically contraindicated as precursors to radish, cress, turnip, horseradish, turnip and cabbage.
- Illumination of the plot should be another selection criterion - radish prefers sunny places, and the snow from them should go early.
- In the spring, before planting a radish, its seeds are immersed in a weak saline solution, sorted by density and soaked in warm water untiluntil they come.
If you do not know how to grow radishes properly, consider the following recommendations.
- As soon as shoots appear, the plantation is fertilized with nitrogen at the rate of 20 grams per square.
- Without systematic irrigation, the vegetable will become bitter and build a hard skin. In the heat of the water must be given every day.
- After a drought, you can not dramatically give a lot of water - radish cracked. Watering should be a little, in portions, but often - up to three times a day, until the soil moisture normalizes.
- For large root crops should be thinned landing. So that they are not drowned out by weeds, systematic weeding is required.
- To protect against pests, the plantation is pollinated with tobacco with wood ash.
As you can see, it is easy to grow radishes and not too troublesome. But he still requires attention.