How to make a box of drywall?
Watch the video
Drywall - an economical, environmentally friendly and easy to install material for interior decoration. Even without being a specialist, you can easily make a box of drywall with your own hands. With it, you can easily hide unwanted defects: irregularities on the walls and ceiling.
Materials and tools
GCR thickness up to 12 mm can be:
- moisture resistant;
- fire resistant
The frame may be made of wooden bars, but it is better to use galvanized metal profiles. Profile plane size:
- Ordinary profile - 40 mm;
- ceiling 27mm.
To work on the metal profile will require:
- scissors for metal;
- angle grinder;
For fixing plasterboard and frame assembly:
- hand-held cordless screwdriver, with a set of interchangeable nozzles.
For cutting drywall:
- knife with replaceable blades;
- long level;
- cords for splicing marking lines;
- plumb lines.
For the formation of radial shapes and holes:
- needle roller for punching drywall, which will help the plasticity sheets for plating curvilinear sections;
Finishing the box:
- serpyanka for the reinforcement of joints GKL;
- corner protection profiles;
Installation of the duct plasterboard
- To begin, we will manufacture and assemble a frame from a metal profile. The frame must be attached to the wall with screws or dowels.
- Immediately before starting work, make all the markings on the surfaces of the floor, walls, or on the ceiling.
- Following the marking lines, install guide profiles.
- The secret of professionals in the use of laser (sometimes water) levels and chopping dye cord. But if you have planned a small box, you can use the normal level.
- Structural elements of the frame fasten with special screws for metal.
- In conclusion - it is necessary to sheathe the frame with sheets of drywall.
As a result, we get a box of drywall. Video sequence of installation work can be viewed by clicking on the link:
Drywall Ceiling Box
It will be convenient to start the installation of a drywall box on the ceiling after the work has been completed on leveling the walls and the ceiling. By this time, wiring should be carried out, and pipes engineering systems.
The markings for the frame begin with the horizontal profiles of the lower edge of the box, which are attached to the walls. . In contrast to the private profile, the ceiling has no flanging for the forming rib. It will be convenient to insert segments of a usual profile into it, forming horizontal and vertical and sides of a metal frame.
The mounting of the guide profile to the wall is carried out with the help of anchors or dowels, not forgetting about the damping tape. The fastener pitch usually depends on the strength of the wall materials, but not less than 800 mm.
On the ceiling we mark the location of the vertical edges of the box, which are separated from the wall. Set aside the required distance from the wall surface and beat off the line. We apply a guide profile along it and fasten it to the ceiling.
Before you make a box of drywall, make sure that the base for its fastening is strong enough.
Remember that the plasterboard lining of the metal frame, even small pieces, must rest around the perimeter of the frame profile.This rule must be observed to avoid the occurrence of cracks and deformations.
Vertical pieces of an ordinary profile, the length of which is equal to the distance between the ceiling and the lower edge of the box, are inserted into the guide ceiling profile. At the same time the step of 600 mm is observed.
From below on these scraps we put on a piece of the guide profile, long on the whole box. This is the angle of the box. Separate parts of the frame are fastened with short self-tapping screws 9.5 mm long, which are also called “seeds”. We control the parallelism of the lines of the structure with the help of a level and a square.
It is required to apply additional suspensions made of profile trim or wire, if the length of the horizontal section of the frame is more than a meter. Or you need to strengthen the corners with braces from pieces of an ordinary profile.
The optimal distance between the axes of the frame elements is 600 mm. Such a framework will be strong and light enough. Consumption GKL in this case will also be optimal.
Before starting work on the frame plating, once again properly check the location of the recessed luminaires, electrical supply to them and other communications.
Opportunities in the field of interior transformation are much more diverse if you use a drywall box. Photos of various types of boxes you can appreciate by clicking on.