How to make a Christmas tree toy?
Watch the video
Everyone knows that one of the symbols of the New Year is the Christmas tree. And the decoration of the New Year tree is a special ritual that is loved by both children and adults. To feel the closeness of the celebration and plunge into the festive atmosphere, we suggest you to make a few toys with your own hands. So, today our article will tell how to make a Christmas-tree toy.
Types of Christmas tree toys
With the help of various improvised means you can make unusual Christmas decorations.
- Bulk balls of thread. Detailed instructions for making can be found in the article How to make a ball from threads.
- Volumetric balls from old postcards or magazines;
- Decorating colored or transparent plastic Christmas balls with sequins, beads, threads, ribbons, etc .;
- Painting the ball with paints or glitter (decorative glitter);
- Balls, made in the technique of quilling (twisting paper);
- Decoupage transparent Christmas balls (application transfer technique).
- Toys made in the technique of quilling;
- Various paper applications (animals, fir-trees, snowflakes, etc.);
- Origami style toys;
- Different types of garlands.
In the article How to make a toy out of paper, you will find instructions for making Christmas-tree toys out of paper.
- Toys made of felt (snowman, herringbone, heart, etc.);
- Toys made of fine fabric (bulbs, small animals, etc.);
- Toys from old socks (snowman, characters, etc.).
Toys from light bulbs
- Painted light bulbs;
- Use of decoupage technique;
- Coating the bulb with sparkles or sequins.
Plastic Bottle Toys
- From the bottoms of the bottles you can assemble a funny penguin and paint it with paints;
- You can make snowmen out of covers by sticking them onto a tape.
Toys from products
- Pasta (in the form of stars, bows, flowers, etc.) can be painted with silver paint and glue applique;
- Walnut, painted in gold paint;
- Decoration of transparent balls with coffee beans, colored grains (buckwheat, rice, etc.), dry buds of cloves, etc.
- You can make simple toys (hearts, Christmas trees, etc.) from polymer clay by decorating the top with a ribbon bow.
- A ball wrapped with bright yarn will look cozy on a Christmas tree;
- You can knit toys from woolen threads (for example, a New Year's sock, a mitten, and so on).
- The frame of the toy (heart, fir-tree, star) is made of thin wire. Then beads, glass beads or glass beads are strung on the wire.
Now consider in more detail several ways of making various toys for the Christmas tree.
Fragrant Christmas tree toy
Materials and tools
- A piece of white cloth (for example, calico);
- white thread;
- sewing needle;
- gypsy needle;
- simple pencil;
- filler (for example, sintepukh);
- twine (thread);
- 3D white contour;
- PVA glue;
- paint brush;
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon;
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa;
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee;
- vanillin (on the tip of the knife).
- Draw on a sheet of paper various forms of toys (for example, a Christmas tree, an asterisk, a heart, etc.) and cut them;
- Fold the fabric in half and circle the pattern with a pencil;
- Next, you need to stitch the outlines of the patterns using a sewing machine or manually (leave space for the subsequent stuffing of toys with filler);
- Cut out the toys, adding 0.5 mm to the stock;
- Then you need to turn out the toys (you can use the tweezers);
- Stuff the toys with filler and sew the holes with a secret seam;
- Next, you need to make loops. To do this, thread the twine into the gypsy needle, pierce the tip of the toy and stretch the rope. Also, the loop can be attached with hot glue;
- Now you need to soak the toy flavoring. For thismix cinnamon, cocoa, coffee and vanilla. Add a teaspoon of PVA glue to the ingredients and pour a quarter cup of hot water. Mix well the mixture;
- Using a brush, apply the mixture on the toys (until a uniform color is formed);
- Hang the toys from the windshield at some distance from each other;
- Put it in a preheated oven for drying (the longer you keep it, the darker the color of the toy will be, the estimated time is 5 minutes);
- When the toys are cool, they need to decorate. A great option is to use a 3D circuit. The picture will look like a fudge, and the toy is like a cookie. Apply with the help of the contour various patterns and send the toys back to the oven for a couple of minutes or dry the decor with a hairdryer;
- Other options for decorating an aromatic toy are decorating with coffee beans, star aniseas, etc.
How to make a Christmas tree from cinnamon
Materials and tools
- Cinnamon sticks;
- thin tinsel green;
- multicolored buttons of small diameter;
- twine (thread);
- For each sticks of cinnamon, you need to cut off three pieces of tinsel, equal to 3, 5 and 6 centimeters;
- Glue the tinsel on the cinnamon in such a way that the herringbone is obtained (i.e., glue a piece of tinsel on the top of the stick equal to 3 centimeters, then 5 and 6);
- Glue the buttons on the tinsel in any order (5-6 buttons on one Christmas tree);
- Make a loop from the twine and stick it on the upper tip of the cinnamon on the reverse side.
How to decorate a transparent ball
Christmas balls made of transparent glass can be quickly and stylishly decorated with your own hands.
Materials and tools
- Transparent Christmas balls;
- filler for the ball: rain, small bumps, feathers, colorful buttons, plants, etc.
To decorate a transparent ball, you need to show imagination. Alternatively, you can make a composition of moss, plants and small twigs. A ball filled with dried rose petals will look very tender.A bright ball will turn out if it is filled with multicolored confetti or sequins. Festive cones covered with shiny paint will look festive. In the ball you can put a small Christmas figure (Santa Claus, herringbone, snowflake, etc.) and decorate it with a shiny rain or cotton wool.
- Remove the mount from the Christmas ball and fill the hole with the selected filler;
- Set the mount back and make a beautiful loop of satin ribbon or organza.
- A transparent ball can be decorated externally: cut the old CD into small pieces and paste around the ball.