How to sew a button?
Watch the video
To properly sew a button, you needDetermine which button you chose and want to sew to your clothes. So, let's start with the fact that there are different kinds of buttons: on the stalk (or they are also called with a lug), flat with two and four holes.
All the buttons differ in shape,size and color. For each type of clothing are selected special buttons that are intended for dresses, shirts, trousers, coats, children's clothes, underwear. Buttons are made of a variety of materials. It can be plastic, wood, bone, iron.
How to sew a button correctly
There are some simple rules that need to be followed to properly sew a button.
- To a thin fabric, the buttons are sewn tightly.
- If the fabric is thick, then you need to sew on the buttonsfreely, it is customary to leave the distance between the fabric and the thread in the thickness of the match, so that they can be easily buttoned. To keep the button well, after the button is sewn, do not tear off the thread at once, but wrap it around the resulting stem of thread between the button and the fabric.
- Sewing the buttons, select the thread under the color of the buttons.
Ways of sewing buttons
Each button can be sewn in different ways, but the exception is only those buttons that are not flat, but with an eyelet. These buttons are very easy to sew.We do it this way:
- Fold the thread in half, thread it in a needle, tie a knot at the end of the thread and put a needle on the front of the clothes, pierce the product and make a few stitches to fix the thread
- Apply the button and make 3-4 stitches through the foot of the button. For such buttons you do not need to make the legs out of the thread.
The most beautiful and various ways you can sew buttons with four through holes. Now we list the names of the most popular and original ways.
- cross to the cross,
- bird's foot,
- letter And,
- letter P,
- parallel lines,
- bow or the sign of infinity,
To sew a button to clothes, connect your imagination. If the style allows, then you can use contrasting threads.
Buttons for special kinds of clothes
- To sew a button to a fur coat, it is necessary from the wrong side in placebuttons for fastening sew a special button (sub-gum), which will strengthen the fur. This is a special button, designed only for this purpose. She has two holes.
- To properly sew a button to a light blouse,which zastegivaetsya in the chest, do more often fitting with buttons that have not yet sewn thoroughly, but only 1-2 stitches. When you find the right location, try not to sew the buttons too tightly so that the fabric does not collect and tension is created.
How to sew buttons for luck
There is a huge number of signs, superstitions,beliefs that can bring good luck. So the button can become a kind of talisman that brings good luck. There is nothing wrong with this, because such seemingly small things can make a person more confident. Now we'll tell you how to sew a button for luck. So, luckily it is customary to sew buttons from the wrong side so that they can not be seen by outsiders. Buttons for this kind of business are chosen by the most diverse, but the most beautiful, so that they please their master. The color of the buttons is chosen by each. Bright colors are always associated with success. Some parents sew "" buttoned "buttons" to the clothes of their children for good luck and success in school.