How to throw the ball?
Watch the video
In any business besides practice, theory is important. In order to more often fall into the cherished basket, you need to know how to throw the ball.
Basketball Secrets: Training
Hone mastery will help simple exercises. Do not forget about the need to warm up and start training, being at close range from the basket. Throw the ball, trying to hurt the edges of the basket less and less, and bring the movement to automaticity.
When throwing is very important to be in the right rack.
- The body should be relaxed. Try to calm down, concentrate and not be stretched string.
- Legs should be placed shoulder width apart. At the same time knees are bent. One foot can be slightly forward. You need to feel that you are comfortable in this position.
- Position can be open or closed. In the first case, the feet are directed to the basket, in the second - slightly away from it. It plays the role of what kind of hand you are going to throw. Try both positions and choose the one that is more comfortable.
Hold the ball correctly
- The ball is taken to keep a couple of centimeters above the waist, which ensures readiness for a throw at any second.
- The elbow of the throwing hand is strictly under the ball, not deviating to the side.
- A weak hand is used as a guide and is located on the side of the ball. The ball itself lies on the open fingers of a throwing hand, not touching the inside of the palm.
Throw better to make an exhalation after a deep breath. The throwing hand with a quick movement sends the ball up and forward. He should not go away. The trajectory sets the guide hand.
Strengthen the throw by jumping. In this case, the feet land on the same place. Avoid bending forward and sideways.
Release the ball, reaching peak height when jumping. Directing it to the basket, straighten the throwing hand and set the trajectory with a brush. To hit, the ball must describe the arc, and not fly straight. If the lines on the ball spin symmetrically - you did everything correctly.
Over time, your muscle memory will help you easily make the most difficult throws. You will learn how to use a shield and become more spectacular on the field. The most important thing is to learn how to enjoy your favorite game.