The best friend of gardeners is potassium sulphate (application and product characteristics)
Any summer resident knows very well the importance of fertilizers in agriculture. However, as in medicine, in gardening the same principle operates: "Do no harm."Therefore, it is necessary to choose fertilizers carefully,taking into account their usefulness and harm. Among all the variety of chemical aids, potassium sulphate is allocated. The use of this substance in agriculture no one doubts its usefulness.
All the secrets of potassium sulfate
This is a fairly effective tool thatUsed to feed fruit crops in your cottages. And it has a good effect on yield, health of plants growing both in open and in closed ground.
What are the properties of potassium sulfate? His formula is K2CO4. It is a white powder in the form of small crystals and has the following characteristics:
- Contains about 50% of potassium oxide in its composition.
- It dissolves well in water without forming any additional compounds.
- During storage it does not cake, keeping the original appearance.
- It does not dissolve in ethanol and alkali solutions.
- Does not contain chlorine.
Potassium sulphate: application
Today in agriculture it is simply impossible to do without this fertilizer. It is a good source of sulfur for plants.At the same time, it practically does not salinize the soil (in contrast to potassium salt).
But not only is it famous for sulphate potassium. Its use is especially justified for those plants that are sensitive to chlorine. This, for example, beans, potatoes, peas, grapes, citrus fruits. If we talk about cruciferous (cabbage, radish), then top dressing with sulphate potassium significantly increases the yield of these vegetables. But the fruit-berry plants (strawberries, raspberries) it helps to winter. In addition, potassium sulfate increases the amount of vitamins and sugar in cultivated fruits, thereby making them more nutritious and useful.
This fertilizer can be used in any way:
- During the vegetation period with the help of any irrigation system. This method is well suited for berry bushes and vegetable crops.
- They can feed plants after fruiting. For example, strawberries.
- It is made during the digging of the soil. This is especially effective for such landing areas, where flowers, cucumbers and tomatoes will grow.
- You can add fertilizer and planting fruit trees.
Nowadays sulfuric acid is widely usedpotassium. Its application is especially necessary on podzolic and peat soils, since they lack a useful substance. If we talk about chernozem, then it is used mainly for those plants that absorb a lot of sodium and potassium. This applies to beets, sunflower and many fruit crops. For acidic soils, it is recommended to use potassium sulfate together with lime.
In addition, potassium sulfate, the price for which is only 129 rubles, is also used for indoor floriculture during the watering of domestic plants.
When working with this fertilizer should not beforget about elementary precautions. It is better to protect the respiratory system with a respirator. Be sure to use tight, impermeable gloves. After work, you should thoroughly wash your face and hands with hygiene.