Tunisian knitting: crocheted masterpieces are created
Tunisian crochet is not performedstandard, and special, which is two to three times longer than usual. Its length is about 35-40 centimeters. At the end of this hook there is a limiter, which prevents knitting from slipping. Also on sale are circularHooks that look like circular knitting needles. To work with different yarns, as well as to obtain a variety of fabric density, Tunisian hooks of different diameters are used. In the process of knitting, the Tunisian hook is held as an ordinary spoke.
The Basics of Knitting
It is important to understand everyone who decided to studyhandicrafts and takes the first lessons - crochet Tunisian canvas is produced only on one side. Work in odd (front rows) is carried out from left to right, and in even (purl) - on the contrary. At the same time, the product does not rotate during operation.
In order to start Tunisian crochet,it is necessary to collect the necessary number of air loops, plus one for lifting. Next, for knitting the first face series, a set of loops is made on the hook by pulling out from each tying, beginning with the second. In the next row (the so-called purl), all but the last loops are closed. To work with the schema, it is important to remember that typing and closing loops are counted in one row.
The canvas obtained with this method is verydense. Therefore, for knitting plaids, bags, rugs, bedspreads and other similar products, Tunisian knitting is ideal. Knit all these items knit longer, and the consumption of yarn will be much larger.
Unlike traditional, Tunisian knittingcrochet must necessarily end with the closing row. In order for the edge to be neat, at the end it is necessary to tie a row of columns without a crochet or connecting stitches.
Methods for reducing loops
- Decreasing from the edge of the canvas is done in the front row. To do this, hookIt is simultaneously introduced into the vertical parts of the neighboring two loops and one loop is pulled out. To reduce the number of loops above them, join the connecting bars.
- Decreasing within the series: where the loop is to be reduced, in the front row the hook is inserted immediately into two vertical parts of the hinges, from which one is drawn.
- At the beginning of knitting: at the end of the purl series knit air loops in the required quantity, plus one for lifting. In the next row, the added air loops knit as usual.
- At the end of the row: after tying the front row, put on the hook the required number of crochets. In the subsequent purl series they are tied as usual.
- Inside the row: the hook is inserted into the horizontal part located between the vertical parts of the loops, and a new loop is pulled out.
Patterns of a Tunisian crochet
The method of knitting described earlier is usually called "simple Tunisian knitting". Hook for this type of needlework can be performed and other patterns:
- Straight braid: First they perform a number of simple Tunisian knitting. In the next - pass the loop, knit the second, and then return to the first. As a result, a cross is obtained. Close the hinges as if you were just mating.
- Slanting net: two rows are executed as in the previous pattern. In the third, the first loop is tied as usual, and the second and third are crossed. Alternate the second and third rows until the end of knitting.
Tunisian knitting allows you to knit tight products that hold the shape well. When doing this way of clothing, it is important to make allowances for free fit.