What anesthetic for menstruation to choose?
Painful menstruation is a common phenomenon. Some women may experience weak pain and discomfort in the first days of their periods. And for other women, menstruation can be so debilitating that you cannot do without taking painkillers. "Tempalgin" with monthly received the most widespread.
The main causes of pain during menstruation
Menstruation failure is called dysmenorrhea. The girl feels the following symptoms:
- lower abdominal and lower back pain;
Such manifestations are characteristic of 65% of women.
Classification of dysmenorrhea
- Primary. The pelvis is not pathologically altered. There are several reasons for pain:
- thyroid hyperactivity;
- use of certain types of contraceptives;
- hormonal imbalance;
- anatomically incorrect position of the uterus;
- irregular sex life;
- unbalanced nutrition;
- hereditary factor;
- abortion, childbirth;
- insufficient amount of minerals in the body.
In this case, the pain occurs before the start of menstruation or in the first 2 days after they begin.
- Secondary. Pathological changes of the pelvis are diagnosed. The cause of pain is gynecological diseases. The characteristic symptoms are vomiting, nausea, blood clots. Anesthetics do not bring relief. In this case, you should contact your gynecologist.
Reception of anesthetics is possible only with primary causes. Secondary dysmenorrhea needs immediate treatment.
How to eliminate pain?
The pharmacy sells a variety of drugs that can relieve pain and discomfort during menstruation. But which one is the most effective? There are several groups of painkillers:
- NSAIDs. They have a powerful effect, so they can be taken at the first symptoms of the onset of menstruation. They are affordable and sold in every pharmacy. These include: "Aspirin" (no more than 2 pieces 4 times a day), "Paracetamol" (4 pieces a day), "Ibuprofen" (no more than 6 pieces a day).
- Antispasmodics. If you take drugs of this group in combination with NSAIDs, you can quickly get rid of the pain.It takes time to feel the therapeutic effect of antispasmodics. This group includes: “Papaverin” (1 tablet 3 times a day), Drotaverin (1-2 tablets about 5 times a day), “No-shpa” (3 to 6 tablets three times a day).
- Analgesics. Most women with painful menstruation resort to this group of drugs. These include: "Spazmalgon", "Peretin", "Novalgin". Medicines take 1 piece not more than 6 times a day.
All listed drugs have a temporary effect. Before taking the drug is recommended to consult a doctor.
"Tempalgin" with monthly
Anesthetic suppresses pain, helps to reduce body temperature in patients. The drug contains 2 components:
- Metamizole sodium. Eliminates pain.
- Triacetonamine. Enhances the action of metamizole sodium.
The drug has a slight sedative effect. The high efficacy of the drug in relieving pain has allowed it to be widely used for painful menstruation. To relieve pain, it is recommended to take 1 piece three times a day. In order not to harm the walls of the stomach, it is recommended to drink a pill 30 minutes after a meal, drinking plenty of water (500 ml).The therapeutic effect is noticeable after 20 minutes and lasts for 5 hours. It is not recommended to take the drug for more than 5 days in a row. With an average duration of normal periods of this period is enough to ensure the comfort of a woman.