What is the tax on the sale of an apartment?
No one in our world can do without housing. Animals make holes and make nests, fish seek refuge in coral reefs. Insects make a web and build anthills. A person is used to living either in an apartment or in a house. But what is necessary to know a person who owns an apartment or the happy owner of several apartments? He needs, first of all, to understand that any sale is making money. Accordingly, any profit is subject to state tax. It is clear that we are not talking about small things. Well, if we are talking about apartments, which, as you know, are worth well, then you need to remember about the taxes on their sales. Let's talk about the tax on the sale of apartments. So:
What is the tax on selling an apartment?
As in any other law, the law on the sale of apartments has many subtleties. The first thing you need to know is that the sale of an apartment is subject to income tax, which is thirteen percent. But there are important details. Let's look at the points:
- Property that has been owned for more than three years is not taxed. This rule applies to all legal and business relations that entered into force on January 1, 2009.
- Another situation: the property is owned by less than three years. This type of property is subject to personal income tax (personal income tax). In this case, also, provide a property tax deduction in the amount of 1 million rubles.
Especially carefully you need to deal with this period - three years to understand how the tax is on the sale of an apartment. From what moment do you need to consider property ownership? Here is the answer:
- You have entered into a contract of sale, exchange, donation, rent - it is considered that the property has been acquired from the date of registration with the registration chamber.
- You received an apartment after demolishing a house or privatized an apartment - it is considered that the property was acquired from the moment of registration in the registration chamber.
- You have purchased an apartment in a new building - it is believed that the property was acquired from the moment you received the certificate of registration of ownership.
- You received the apartment by inheritance - it is considered that the property was acquired from the day of death of the testator.
- You purchased an apartment in a cooperative house - it is believed that the property was acquired from the date of full payment of the cash share.
These details need to be known in order not to be in an uncomfortable situation when selling your property. Do not once again mention that the sale of real estate, and in particular, the apartment - a serious matter, which does not tolerate haste and inattention. Take the issue of selling very seriously. Find out how to tax the sale of an apartment. It is better to take time off at work and fully devote yourself to this complex matter. Remember that different people live in our world and especially in our country. There are a lot of scammers and swindlers among them, who can deceive you from your property and leave you with a nose. Do not give in to provocations and keep your ear sharp. Accurately define your goal and objectives, and keep your position. Do not let others manipulate you. Unfortunately, when it comes to big money or real estate, kind and nice people can turn into real greedy monsters who suck all the juices out of you. Do not allow this.