Why doesn't the printer print?
It is rather difficult to diagnose the reason why the printer does not print, since there are a lot of different brands of printers currently on sale, and each of them may have its own problems.
How to find out why the printer does not print?
The first step is to make sure that the printer is plugged in and connected to the computer in accordance with all the manufacturer's recommendations.
The next step is to check the printer driver. It may be outdated and problems with printing may disappear when the driver is reinstalled. This is often the case when the question arises as to why the hp printer does not print, is their “occupational disease.”
The Windows Update website, which identifies hardware connected to the computer and notifies the user about new drivers, will help you find the latest driver for the printer.
- To run the Windows Update program, click the Start button, then All Programs, then Windows Update.
- Click "Check for Updates" on the left pane and wait for Windows to search for the latest updates.
- If updates have been found yet, click Install Updates.If these actions can be performed by a person with administrator rights, enter the login and password in the authorization request window that appears.
There is a possibility that a new driver exists, even if it is not listed in the list of updates: it is quite possible that it has not yet been provided to Windows by the manufacturer.
Many Canon or hp printer manufacturers point out the current drivers in their website sections. You can download the necessary driver by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Why does the printer print in stripes?
Probably the case in the cartridge, which should be replaced. This is often the case when the Canon printer does not print early models. It is necessary to review information about the print queue, perhaps it will say that the ink in the toner is running out. The printer itself may have margins, windows indicating the status of toner or ink.
In more detail possible situations we consider below. By the way, the same reasons can be if the printer prints empty sheets.
There may also be a USB connection problem with the printer. In case there is no connection between the computer and the printer, you need to follow the steps below:
- Disconnect the computer from the network, unplug the cable from the printer and reconnect it.
- Turn on the computer to the network and attempt to print any document.
- In case the problem remains actual, try replacing the USB cable from the printer and repeating steps 1 and 2.
When the printer does not print in black
If the hp printer (no matter what: inkjet or laser) began to print faintly and blurry or not at all black, and the cartridge is still full, you need to do the following:
- For an inkjet printer: remove all cartridges and clean all contacts with a cotton swab moistened with warm water. This will improve the exchange of information between the cartridge and the printer.
- For a laser printer: remove the cartridge and shake it horizontally and vertically. Due to this, the toner is evenly distributed inside the entire surface of the cartridge.
Dark bar when printed with a Canon printer
Try changing the cartridge, even if it is brand new, as it may be defective, or refill it. If all these actions did not bring the desired result, and a dark stripe or gray background is present when printing, this indicates that the toner is of poor quality.
If the cartridge is not new and refilled several times, its parts are most likely defective: a photodrum or roller. In addition to these parts, there are others that can wear out during operation and affect print quality, so it’s best to invite specialists to replace worn parts.
Diagnosing print problems is very difficult for a layman. Therefore, it is recommended to check everything in the order outlined above. And the problem itself, as you can see, is quite easily fixed. For this, it is not necessary to contact the repair shop.